Retractable grounding assembly 750
Comprehensive Lightning Strike Protection for Floating Roof Tanks
- Pre-Tensioned: The RGA 750 is pretensioned at the factory, so no on-site tensioning is required.
- Corrosion Resistance: New aluminum cable originally developed for marine use greatly improves corrosion resistance and is highly resistant to hydrogen sulfide (H2S)
- Easy-to-Install: Installation takes only two hours on both new and existing tanks
- Effective: Permanent, reliable, low-impedance bond prevents fires triggered by lightning currents
- Durable and Low Maintenance: Engineered for years of durability and reliable performance in corrosive environments and requires virtually no upkeep as compared to shunts
- Standards Conformant: The RGA conforms to both API 545 and NFPA 780 recommendations and meets the API 545 requirements for a bypass conductor API 545 and NFPA 780 and complies with API 545 requirements for a bypass conductor
The ATEX approved and patented RGA substantially reduces the risk of tank fires by subduing sustained arcs during lightning events and other electrical phenomena.
The RGA does this better than other traditional methods for bonding floating roofs because the retractable cable is always at the shortest possible length. The resultant low resistance and impedance results in too low of a voltage to sustain the arc, i.e., no fire.